Prototypes Competition 18+
The ICAO 2019 Prototypes Competition is for anyone 18-and-over. It's seeking maturely thought-out-3-D renderings (still images and/or video) of either new aircraft types or new types of operations.
In addition to visual proposals submitted, we're also expecting a business case summary of 500 words or less which describes why your solution should attract investment, and how it be cost-effectively produced and implemented to improve people's lives.
The prototypes submitted can be piloted or unmanned aircraft, of any size or shape, and there's no limit to what you can propose they can be used for in our skies and/or outer space.
How to Enter
- Develop your prototype and create a 3-D visual representation of it with either just still images, or else a combination of still and video renderings.
- Summarize the proposal and its business case in 500 words or less.
- Upload your renderings and text, along with your name, age and nationality, using the "Upload my Prototype!" link below. Any images sent must be minimum 1000px wide, and any video being rendered must be in 1920x1080p HD format.
New prototype uploads will only be accepted until 30 June, 2019.
A prize of US$5,000 will be provided to the winning entry, as selected by ICAO.
Contest guidelines and terms and conditions:
- The contest submission deadline for all age groups is 30 June 2019.
- At end July 2019, national winners will be announced on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- National winners will then be assessed during August 2019 to determine Regional winners for the North and Central America and Caribbean area, South America, West Africa, East Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. These winners will also be highlighted on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Global winners will then be selected and announced during ICAO’s World Aviation Forum and Innovation Fair, being held at ICAO HQ from 22-23 September 2019.
- The winner of the 18+ Prototypes Competition will also be given the opportunity to come to Montreal to receive their award, with airfare and accommodation for two nights in Montreal being provided for by ICAO.
Terms and Conditions
- ICAO, its officials and agents shall not be responsible or liable for any claims, demands, losses and liability of any kind or nature arising out of or in connection with contributors’ participation in this contest, or their acceptance of its awards.
- Participants represent and warrant that their submitted drawing or design is their original work, that it has not been copied, and that it does not violate the rights of any other person.
- The copyright for any submitted drawing (s) or design (s) shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry in this contest constitutes the entrant’s irrevocable, perpetual permission and consent to ICAO and others authorized by ICAO, without further compensation or attribution, to use, distribute, reproduce or otherwise utilize the submitted photo(s) in whole or in part for the duration of the copyright.
- By entering your drawing or design in the contest, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold and save harmless, ICAO and its officials, agents, employees, consultants, subcontractors and other representatives from and against all suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses and liability of any kind or nature brought by any third party against ICAO, including, but not limited to, all litigation costs and expenses, attorney’s fees, settlement payments and damages, based on, arising from, or relating to ICAO’s use of the drawing or design.
- Nothing in or relating to the contest or its terms and conditions shall be deemed as a waiver, express or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities enjoyed or which may be enjoyed by ICAO, its officers and staff, either pursuant to the Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the Specialized Agencies, 1947 or other applicable conventions, agreements, laws or decrees.
- The obligations under these Terms and Conditions do not lapse upon closure of the contest, and ICAO reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time.